What’s it all about then?
This policy explains the key measures we have taken to implement the requirements of the Telecommunications Act 1997 and the Privacy Act 1998, which implements the National Privacy Principles. It aims to answer the questions you might have about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. If you have any further questions about Hi Speed Kiosks privacy practices, please contact the Hi Speed Kiosks team.
Info we you collect about you
We hold information that you have provided to us about yourself, and information about your use of our services. The information that we collect will depend on how you use the facilities offered by Hi Speed Kiosks.
Information that you might have provided to us includes:
· Information generated by your use of our services – for example, details of any contact you have with Hi Speed Kiosks such as through our customer support staff; and
· Information provided as part of your use of the Hi Speed Kiosks web site such as entering giveaways or competitions – for example, your email address.
What we do with this info
We collect information about you to provide you with a particular product or service. We may also use personal information for related purposes such as:
· maintaining our relationship with you, including responding to your questions;
· helping us to identify and inform you about other products or services that are likely to be useful for you;
· internal accounting and administration, including sharing information with our related bodies corporate for reporting purposes;
· protecting you and Hi Speed Kiosks from error and fraud;
· improving the web site; and
· developing a better understanding of our customers’ needs.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we cannot provide you with these services.
Do we use your information for any other purpose?
Hi Speed Kiosks recognises the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information.
Our policy is that we do not generally give your personal information to other organisations unless you have given us your consent to do so.
We may share your personal information with affinity partners, service providers and other third parties to help us run aspects of our business efficiently.
Occasionally Hi Speed Kiosks might also use your personal information for other purposes or share your information with another organisation because:
· we believe it is necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
· we believe it necessary to implement our terms of service;
· we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another Hi Speed Kiosks user, any member of the public or Hi Speed Kiosks;
· we believe it is necessary to do so to prevent or help detect fraud – for example, we may share information with other phone companies, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and fraud prevention units;
· we believe it is necessary to protect the interests of Hi Speed Kiosks – for example, disclosure to a court in the event of legal action to which Hi Speed Kiosks is a party; or
· the assets and operations of the business are being transferred to another party as a going concern.
Do you have to receive marketing information from Hi Speed Kiosks?
Hi Speed Kiosks strives to offer the best deals in the communications business, so we like to keep you up to date with our special offers and new services, unless you’ve specifically asked us not to.
Please note that once you login to a Hi Speed Kiosks service, you can choose not to receive marketing information from us by contacting the Hi Speed Kiosks team at any time. Also if you’ve said “No thanks” to receiving information, you can always contact us to change to a “Yes”.
You can access the information we keep about you.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request a copy of your customer record by contacting the Hi Speed Kiosks team. We aim to respond to most requests within 30 days, or if the request is more detailed, within 60 days.
How do you change or delete the information that we have about you?
Is the information Hi Speed Kiosks has about you secure?
Hi Speed Kiosks endeavours to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure. We store this information on secure servers that are protected in access-controlled facilities. Only authorised users can access your personal information, and access is only for approved purposes. We train our staff and require our data operators to respect the privacy and confidentiality of your information.
Unfortunately, we can’t give you an absolute guarantee that your information is always secure. For example, no data sent over the internet is 100% secure. While we do out best, we can’t be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
What can you do to keep information about yourself secure?
You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. We take every precaution to ensure your data is erased immediately following your session. However if a user does not end the session by clicking on our end session button another user could use your remaining time and possibly gain access to your information. We have procedures in place to protect you, so please read our instructions at the terminal carefully.
It is your responsibility to keep any password, PIN or other ID check information confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by anyone or there is any other breach of security.
What happens to your information if you enter it on a different web site linked to the Hi Speed Kiosks site?
Do we have information on people other than customers?
Most of the personal information that Hi Speed Kiosks has concerns our customers. But we also keep information about people who provide information via the web site or express an interest in our services, such as by making an inquiry about business opportunities. This policy applies to those people as well. We also hold personal information on contractors and employees, which are covered by separate policies.
What if ownership of the Hi Speed Kiosks business changes?
In the event that ownership of part or all of the Hi Speed Kiosks business changes, your personal information will be transferred to the new owner of the business.
What to do if you have a problem, question or complaint?